Thursday, October 06, 2011

XANTHE MEREDITH FELICITY Wilson - a sister for FLORA, HUGH and HECTOR

What I really hate about this is not the names themselves. OK, so one of them reminds me of a cartoon dog, but the rest of them are OK and I've always liked 'Xanthe' as one of the nicer unusual names.

No, the problem here is the sheer arse-clenching pretentiousness of it all. Giving one child a slightly offbeat name is fine. Giving four children offbeat names - one of them, I will say it again, a dog's name - is just a parent's way of screaming 'I'm a bit whacky, I am'. Sadly, we've all met that kind of person and we all know what they are really like.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly Ahmed said...

This blog is ACE, Richard!

Molly SUTANU* Ahmed

*not pronounced how spelled, usually a man's name. http://www.uni-math.gwdg.de/sutanu/ - Sutanu Roy at play

12:02 pm  
Blogger emwithme said...

*does a happy dance*

You're back!!! (and a front and two sides, I spose)

<3

2:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home